Mnet’s K-pop Convention at the Verizon Amphitheater in Irvine, CA
On Friday, Mnet released a super cute illustration of the official map and autograph schedule for KCON, set to happen Saturday, October 13th, 2012.
We’ve never attended a convention without in & out entry, held outside and with restrictions on bringing in your own food or water though. So to make sure attendees are ready for the 12 hour day, we’ve put together a few KCON Survival Tips.
1. Before you go, drink plenty of water and eat a big healthy breakfast.
2. Wear comfortable shoes & clothes. +Pack a few layers in case it cools off in the evening.
3. Wear sunblock and remember to reapply it a few times throughout the day.
4. Budget enough money for liquids, lunch, dinner and merchandise.
5. Be prepared to stand in line for the autographs, panels, restrooms, food and concert.
6. Bring a bag or backpack to hold everything you bring and buy, but don’t over pack.
Partial Packing List:
-A 24oz sealed water bottle (save the bottle to refill if you don’t plan on buying water)
-Hand sanitizer or wipes
-Hat or umbrella for shade
-Something for headaches
-Extra batteries for your phone/camera
For those of you who can’t make it to Irvine, CA, KCON will be live streaming worldwide on MNET’s new digital platform “MCUBE”! Yay!
For those of you attending KCON, Lisa Oh will be sharing a limited number of pink I ❤ K-pop wrist bands with our @HeartHallyu Twitter followers. If you want one, retweet one of our KCON posts, find Lisa and tell her you Heart Hallyu!
Links to retweet:
— ♥ heart hallyu (@HeartHallyu) October 7, 2012
— ♥ heart hallyu (@HeartHallyu) September 30, 2012